Claim up to £3,000 towards the installation of your Gigabit Connection with a grant from the DCMS (Department for Digital, culture, Media and Sport).
To help SME businesses benefit from larger connections the DCMS are offering up to £3000 for SMEs to upgrade their broadband. There is no long application process or complicated paperwork. Simply let us know you would like to take advantage of this offer when we quote and we will take care of the quote, ordering, installation and passing on the benefit..
Who qualifies for the Gigabit Connection Voucher
You must be and SME (Registered charities, social enterprises and sole traders included) and meet the following criteria
- Employ no more than 249 people
- Annual turnover is below €50m and/or
- Balance sheet is below €43m
- Business is not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity (25% threshold)
- SME must comply with the European State Aid rules: Must have received less than €200,000 in the current and two previous financial years in De Minimis aid – businesses in fishery and aquaculture primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, coal, steel and ship-building have different allowances, and must seek approval from the local authority before
- The connection is for business premises. (You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally)
A Gigabit capable Internet connection has many advantages for businesses from saving time and increasing productivity with guaranteed broadband to ensure a constant, reliable Internet connection and enabling your business to take advantage of new technologies such as Voice over IP (VoIP) and benefit from free calls and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Cloud based applications and demands for WiFi from visiting suppliers and customers no longer need to be a drain on your connection enabling everyone to work faster and smarter.
Which connections qualify*?
All connections supported by vouchers must fulfil BOTH of the following characteristics:
1) be capable of delivering broadband connectivity to the customer’s premises at or above 1Gbps upload or download at the time of delivery of the connection without the need for future hardware upgrades or modification (excluding CPE – it is not mandatory to deploy 1Gbps capable CPE from the outset if this is not required to deliver service) and
2) deliver a minimum of 100Mbit/s to the customer’s premises. The upgraded broadband service must deliver a “Step Change” in service which, for the avoidance of doubt, is at least a doubling of speeds compared to the service currently being consumed.
Contact us today and quote ‘Connection Voucher’ for more information about how to benefit from this scheme
Visit DCSM Department for Digital, culture, Media and Sport). https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk