Are you looking for an environmentally friendly method for disposing of your old mobile devices?
Mobile phones contain a range of materials including metals, plastics and valuable components which can be extracted and re-used.
There are an increasing number of options for recycling mobile phones and Southern Communications have teamed up with the best organisations in the marketplace to provide a safe and environmentally friendly recycling service.
- Mobile parts and batteries are ground up and useful metal content extracted for re-use.
- Outer body plastic can be granulated and reformulated for use in mouldings.
- Recovery and downgrading of valuable components: e.g. flash memory devices.
- Parts can be extracted and re-used including; aerials, battery connectors, PCBs, connectors, gold-coated edge contacts on PCBs, ICs (integrated circuits), keyboards, LCD screens, lenses, microphones, phone housings, screws, SIM card assemblies and speakers.
- Many manufacturers have signed up to the Basel Convention agreeing to cooperate with developing environmentally sound management to end-of-life mobile phones.